15 Ekim 2010 Cuma

Reality TV in Turkey

Since 2000  different kinds of reality TV shows were featured in our country. Some of them was successful and some of them were cancelled after a few episodes due to the lack of ratings. As I remember from my childhood, Turkish version of Big Brother attracted many audiences from different ages. Some TV channels were featuring it live and our curiosity about a couple of people's lives encouraged us to watch them all day long. Additionally there were special programmes which includes harsh debates among audiences in studio. 
Apart from that, pop star and talent shows became quite successful and they are still being watched by many. For years, I have seen many talents who can sing, dance etc. from these shows. However, almost all of them shared the same story and were forgotten
Despite of forgetting these shows and contestants, its impacts on audiences are getting worse day by day. I think people lose their "talent" of understanding political and global issues because of watching these shows. They do never care about the outside world unless they stop watching these silly shows. 

1 yorum:

  1. I agree, these shows don't require the audience to use their brains, and since the brain is like any other muscle - if you don't use it - it will get weak and rigid, if you use it it will be strong and flexible... so, watching these shows definitely impedes people's critical thinking skills...

    YanıtlaSil