14 Kasım 2010 Pazar

The short-movie we watched on Monday

I can not remember its name but I am sure that if I watch that movie again, I am shocked in the same way. It was really impressive despite lasting only a couple of minutes. In terms of morality, the movie was quite questionable.
Question is that if you were a photographer during a war, would you involve in the battle and save someone who is almost going to be killed?
The answer that is given us in the movie is no. Photographer sees a girl who is pointed gun by terrorist. However, she could not do something, she hesitates for a while, looks into girl's eyes.
At the end of the movie, we learn that photographer takes photo of the corpse of girl. This photo wins "the best photo award" and photographer starts crying because of remorse. The movie concludes with this scene.
Obviously, what could she have done? If she had done something risky, probably she would have been killed because she was disarmed. I believe that this is part of her job and she has to accept its difficulties whatever it takes from her.

1 yorum:

  1. I agree that it is a very powerful short film, it's "one hundredth of a second" by the way.
    So you say that as a professional photographer this is what she has to do, even if it isn't easy. I guess it's difficult to argue against this, but I cannot imagine how one can sleep at all - forget about sleeping well - after witnessing these situations and experiencing the frustration of not being able to do anything...

    YanıtlaSil